Torstar Corporation is a broadly based, progressive media organization listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TS.B) with a long, proud history in newspapers and a passion for capitalizing on the fluid world of digital and mobile media. Torstar will be energized by a deep customer-centric obsession, continued journalistic excellence, advanced data-driven competency and a culture that is selfless, focused, agile and collaborative.
As a member of the Data & Analytics team, the role of Client Analytics Analyst reports to the Director, Marketing Research and is mainly focused on partnering with our media sales team to deliver meaningful insights and analysis to our clients (advertisers) by leveraging a variety of data sources and to provide effective solutions to meet the needs of our client’s strategies. This role works very closely with the data engineers and scientists across the Data Team to ensure the data collected addresses the client’s needs.
The Client Analytics Analyst will play a key role in the deliverables of building data tools that will automate our audience measurement and the Ad Sales process – from research to presentation using syndicated research, 1st party data and proprietary research. Data integration will be a key function in this role as Torstar looks to build out tools for sales professionals to access data and information for media recommendations on both national and local market levels. This role plays a critical part in the ongoing process to deliver the best-in-class media insights for our clients.
What You Will Do…
- Work closely with Media Sales team stakeholders to inform product and process enhancements based on your insights, reports and deliverables.
- Gain a deep understanding of stakeholders’ KPIs to deliver automated reporting to stakeholders, with recommendations for improvements.
- Leverage data collection to better understand how Clients engage with Torstar properties, offerings, content and audiences, to continuously optimize Client experience, and to address client needs at each point in the sales funnel.
- Work with sales teams executing sales process re-engineering, new product development, and other sales initiatives to ensure data requirements are captured.
- Work closely with colleagues such as the data engineering and data science teams to ensure that data required by stakeholders is collected and reported effectively in order to help drive successful business outcomes.
- Understand each stakeholders’ products, KPIs, goals and challenges to deliver data informed recommendations and analysis for testing products, audience targeting segmentations and marketing initiatives.
- Prepare and present presentations to senior leaders in a non-technical way, have a high attention to detail in double checking data for accuracy and produce detailed documentation.
- Take a selfless, collaborative, respectful, and Customer First approach to the daily work that you do.
Who You Are…
- Education in business, math or computer science
- Analytical thinker who translates data into real-world, actionable, valuable insights and solutions. Able to tell stories derived from data analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to translate vague business requirements into clearly defined deliverables
- Knowledge, understanding and experience with digital ad sales environments required.
- Understanding of concepts like sales funnels, digital media consumption, marketing, ad operations, and customer relationship management required
- Experience in online media publishing business would be an asset
- Customer service focused
- Basic knowledge of and experience with web analytics platforms--setup/configuration, extraction, translation, modelling, categorization--with Adobe Analytics (Omniture), Google Analytics, Parse.ly, etc.
- Advanced experience in creating visualizations through tools such as Tableau, Cognos, microstrategy, Mode Analytics
- Experience with Excel, SQL, Python, R, relational databases, data warehouses
- Experience with data-management systems, working with large data-sets and creating reporting surrounding the data
- Knowledge of advanced analytics tools such as Data Robot, Rapid Miner, etc. preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences and explain and present analytics within context.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to organize and prioritize activities.
- Highly motivated independent worker.
Why You’ll LOVE Working Here…
The opportunity to be part of an exciting company grounded in history while striving to be at the cutting edge of the digital media industry; you'll never get bored in our fast-paced, constantly evolving and challenging environment
- We recognize that you have a life outside of work and we offer you real work/life balance
- We provide individualized career plans and extensive ongoing development opportunities
- We've got your health in mind; you'll get a comprehensive benefits package (Extended Health Care, Dental, etc.) and Group RSP combined with a generous vacation plan
…And let’s not forget the AWESOME PEOPLE!
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements.