AEM - Site Reliability Engineer
Work with us
TheStar.com serves millions of readers per month across multiple channels. To grow and evolve the team, we’re looking for creative and hardworking leaders with a passion for problem solving in the challenging space of modern news media.
Work in a modern process
Our SRE team is full of smart people with oodles of experience building cool things. We come from a diverse background with a broad range of skills that results in high uptime numbers while utilizing cutting edge tech.
Work in a world class organization
We're looking for people who are interested in shaping the future of big media. We offer the opportunity to work with some of the finest SRE minds on the largest media sites in Canada, backed by a company that has been delivering content to its readers for more than a century.
The job in a nutshell
- Run daily operations for websites reaching millions of Canadians daily
- Use metrics/kpi’s to help determine platform health and take action
- Manage our customer and payment platforms
- Continuously improve our automation – write code, write tests, analyze outcomes
- Lead the recovery of incidents, run retrospectives
- Be willing to participate in on-call support.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) 6.x including experience scaling out author, publishers and dispatchers in a multi-site environment.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services is a major asset - Everything we do is AWS powered
- You’ve run large web sites before – you understand CDN’s and what breaks when sites scale.
- A desire to share knowledge and collaborate within an enthusiastic technical team
- Security minded - bad security groups or ACLs bug you.
Stuff that’s not on a resume:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Driven and organized self –starter, with excellent planning skills
- Constructive negotiator, pragmatic and decisive
- Thrives on being on the leading edge – not afraid to iterate and try new things
- Excels in a very collaborative, fast paced environment with highly interactive processes
- Excellent planning skills, highly organized and detailed person
- Competitive pay
- Yearly Bonus
- Great benefits
- RRSP matching
- On-site gym & shower
- On-site bike parking
- Waterfront location
The company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform the company of your requirements.