The Digital Sales team at Star Metroland Media is responsible for providing clients with access to leading-edge digital solutions. Digital media moves fast and we need individuals who can keep up. You need to be a highly motivated, collaborative self-starter who understands client needs, has a proven ability to engage and influence decision makers by driving the digital conversation forward.
It is a unique opportunity to work with some of the best people in the industry, owned and operated strong brands (Star Metro Media brands have millions upon millions of loyal followers across daily, community and niche properties) as well as the ability to leverage proven audience extensions models.
What you will do:
- Work strategically with 360 Account Managers, manage client direct relationships within assigned territory to identify and secure new digital opportunities within your category
- Be a trusted digital expert – attend client meetings, drive digital in a compelling and understandable manner, and handle objections as required.
- Prepare sales status reports and update account history
- Meet and exceed individual weekly and monthly sales activities and goals
- Act as a digital ambassador across Star Metroland Media.
- Keep current in industry trends, including participating in industry related functions, conferences, seminars and committees
Who you are:
- Minimum 2 years in a digital media sales role.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills to clearly articulate and position our offerings to meet our clients’ needs.
- Strong understanding of digital advertising, including programmatic, search and native advertising, with the ability to convey that knowledge in a compelling and understandable manner.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with sales teams to create integrated sales solutions.
- Experience using CRM platforms and other tools to record, track and plan sales activity.
- Strong understanding of Google ad words, Behavioural Targeting, Retargeting, Social, Mobile, Content Marketing, Email Marketing and SEO best practices.
- Knowledge of Comscore, IAB, Ad Serving Systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
The company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform the company of your requirements.