Delivery Ink operates the largest print distribution network in Canada. We provide best-in-class services for print publishers in Ontario, making daily deliveries to hundreds of thousands of households in the province. This year we will make more than 80,000,000 individual deliveries.
This is an exciting time to be at Delivery Ink. We are making big and bold changes to grow our business. Our vision is to increase the number of print publications that we deliver and to layer parcel delivery into our distribution network.
As Logistics Manager you will be an integral part of the team leading the way. Reporting to the Director of Logistics and Distribution, you are responsible for the leadership and management of high quality delivery service within defined geographic districts. You will be the key front-line connection between Delivery Ink, clients, and distributors.
As a member of our team you will:
- Have day-to-day operational oversight of several distributors within specific geographic districts, with the primary goal of ensuring high-quality, consistent, and sustainable home delivery
- Develop and execute plans to improve and optimize distribution and logistics processes
- Ensure distributors and carriers are following standard operating procedures in the field
- Coordinate and confirm the resolution of customer complaints
- Ensure key performance metrics are exceeded or met on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Liaise with internal team members on key activities related to service improvements and process execution
- Establish strong vendor and client partner relationships
- Provide the required insights and recommendations to the senior leadership team to help make informed management decisions
- Effectively manage and monitor service performance of distributors by holding vendors accountable for their results
- Analyze and interpret internal and external data and identify improvement opportunities/corrective action
- Set priorities to ensure timely completion of tasks within the area of responsibility
- Identify and introduce new processes that will allow for the effective delivery of parcels
Who you are:
- You are experienced in distribution, transportation logistics, customer client relations, or related fields
- You have a college diploma or a university degree in a related field
- You have well-developed change management skills; candidates with process improvement experience and training (e.g. Lean Six Sigma, Green Belt) are preferred
- You are self-motivated and proactive with hands-on experience managing demanding clients in a time sensitive environment
- You have a willingness to experiment and fail while trying new things
- You are highly organized and work well under pressure
- You have excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- You are able to multitask and operate within a 24x7 operation (there are late night and early morning field visits)
- You own your own vehicle and you have a valid driver’s license (work-related mileage will be reimbursed)
Are you interested in joining the Delivery Ink team?
Please send us your cover letter and resume to apply today.
Application deadline is December 14, 2018.
The company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform the company of your requirements.