Torstar Corporation is a farsighted media company with a long, proud history in newspapers and a passion for capitalizing on the fluid world of digital and mobile media. The Data Engineering Team currently seeks a passionate professional to join us as a Data Engineering Project Manager. We are looking for a highly organized individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment managing cross functional project teams. The ideal candidate will be energized by a deep customer-centric obsession, committed to continued journalistic excellence, and have advanced data-driven competencies in a culture that is selfless, focused, agile and collaborative.
Who You Are…
- A passionate and focused leader who is collaborative and demonstrates aptitude and willingness to learn new technologies and processes to solve complex business problems.
- A highly organized and energetic professional, able to manage and prioritize tasks across multiple concurrent deliverables.
- A compelling and clear communicator, able to seamlessly traverse varying levels of technical detail when working directly with technical specialists, business stakeholders and executives.
- Driven to build strong strategic partnerships with key data and analytics professionals as well as internal clients and stakeholders.
What You Will Bring To The Team…
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, business or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in data management, business intelligence or IT.
- Experience managing projects on time and on budget throughout the full lifecycle from end-to-end.
- Strong understanding of next generation data and analytics concepts including big data, cloud architecture, data visualization, machine learning, geospatial analytics and omni channel next-best-action marketing.
- Experience managing projects via traditional waterfall gated approaches and iterative agile methodologies.
- Strong fundamentals managing financials for large capital projects and operations.
- Hands on experience with project management and roadmap tools like Jira, Roadmunk and Slack.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Demonstrated skills aligning technology with business goals and objectives.
- A Selfless, agile, focused and collaborative style that aligns with our core cultural values.
- Experience in digital media is considered an asset.
Why You’ll LOVE Working Here…
The opportunity to be part of an exciting company grounded in history while striving to be at the cutting edge of the digital media industry; you'll never get bored in our fast-paced, constantly evolving and challenging environment
- We recognize that you have a life outside of work and we offer you real work/life balance
- We provide individualized career plans and extensive ongoing development opportunities
- We've got your health in mind; you'll get a comprehensive benefits package & group RSP (Extended Health Care, Dental, etc.) combined with a generous vacation plan
…And let’s not forget the AWESOME PEOPLE!
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements.