Torstar Corporation is a broadly based, progressive media organization listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TS.B) with a long, proud history in newspapers and a passion for capitalizing on the fluid world of digital and mobile media. Torstar will be energized by a deep customer-centric obsession, continued journalistic excellence, advanced data-driven competency and a culture that is selfless, focused, agile and collaborative
We currently have an opening for a Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant – 6 Month Contract. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting hiring needs across Torstar and its Group of Companies. You will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of talent sourcing strategies for critical and complex roles by successfully delivering top talent, at the right time! You will excel at leading full life cycle recruitment campaigns, iterating and experimenting with sourcing strategies and ideas for creative candidate generation and are keenly passionate about ensuring a positive candidate experience.
As a member of our team you will:
- Focus on leading the delivery of an “always on” recruiting strategy that includes online, social media, job fairs etc. to ensure we are building our Torstar brand consistently
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of (can articulate) our brand, customer, industry and competitive marketplace, then sets a plan for outreach, and delivers.
- Connect with top talent through active digital outreach, professional networking, internet mining, social networking sites and other creative sourcing venues.
- Recruit passive candidates and gauge functional skills, chemistry of candidate’s fit, and to understand candidate motivation
- Build and maintain a network of potential candidates through proactive market research and on-going relationship management, conduct in-depth interviews with candidates and demonstrate the ability to anticipate hiring manager preferences through high offer-to-interview rations
- Cultivate an ongoing pipeline of sales candidates and execute the administrative components throughout the full cycle recruitment process
- Work with third party recruitment groups e.g. LinkedIn, Indeed, Workopolis, etc.
- Professionally represent Torstar and Group of Companies at external job fairs and recruitment events
- Conduct candidate screening to help identify and source qualified candidates
- Manage our applicant tracking system, including assisting managers with hiring requisitions, posting jobs, and creating offer letters
- Lead team de-briefs with hiring managers to calibrate candidates and refine sourcing plan if necessary
- Track and generate activity reports for management
- Stays abreast of industry trends and uses them to better understand and respond to the market
Why you will be successful:
- University or college-level education in Human Resources or a related discipline, or equivalent business experience.
- 5+ years experience in talent acquisition; preferred mix of search firm and in-house. You have had primary responsibility for candidate sourcing, screen & selection and building talent pipelines
- Experience in candidate generation and assessment through a variety of channels including, passive sourcing, referral campaigns, database mining
- Experience working with the business providing bi-weekly talent pipeline reporting to key business leaders
- You are thoughtful in outreach to prospective candidates. You actively follow-up and foster a positive relationship with an active talent community.
- You enjoy the hunt and take pride in finding specialized talent.
- You are a self-starter that is driven by information, data, and insights.
- You are able to anticipate, observe, and swiftly take action with minimal direction.
- You use resources effectively and have a knack for identifying alternatives solutions to eliminate roadblocks.
- You can quickly adapt to change, new challenges, and shift priorities when met with competing demands.
- You have a proven track record of delivering results both individually and within a team.
- You enjoy cultivating relationships across teams in order to share best practices. You are comfortable interacting with all levels of the leadership team, business partners and peers.
- Some travel maybe required.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE
The opportunity to be part of an exciting company grounded in history while striving to be at the cutting edge of the digital media industry; you'll never get bored in our fast-paced, constantly evolving and challenging environment
- The unique opportunity to work in media and represent leading brands such as The Toronto Star, thestar.com, Eyereturn Marketing, The Kit, etc.
- Waterfront location with on-site gym & showers
- We recognize that you have a life outside of work and we offer you work/life balance and the ability to work remotely
…And let’s not forget the AWESOME PEOPLE!
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform the Toronto Star of your requirements.